Calgary's cinderella story pulls in the viewers!
Canadians have been all over round 1 of the hockey playoffs this year. With 5 teams in the mix, it's sure to be one of the most watched playoff seasons in Canada. Here are some playoff tuning facts. Stay tuned for round 2!
- 71.3% of Canadians have tuned into round 1 of the 2015 NHL Playoff; 84% of them were 18 years old or older.
- 31% more Canadians have tuned into round 1 than the World Junior Hockey Championship tournament this year.
- Round 1 this year featured 5 Canadian teams compared to only 1 Canadian team last year.
- 3 of the 8 first round series this year featured Canadian teams.
- Overall reach is up 4% for round 1 versus the same round last year.
- Ottawa vs. Montreal was the most popular series with 57.5% of Canadians tuning in at some point.
- Game 6 between Ottawa and Montreal was the highest ranking game of round 1 with an average minute audience of 5.5 million viewers.
For further analysis on round 1, please contact your Account Executive for the full report. Must be a current InfoSys+TV PPM or Lens Viewer subscriber.
You can also check out our blog posts for Round2 and Round3.