We know how important Fall TV premieres are for the industry so we thought we'd take a preliminary look at fall premieres to see which shows Canadians couldn't wait to watch ('live') vs the ones they PVR'd ('playback'). Here's what we found interesting:
- Playback for the season premiere of Brooklyn Nine-Nine has increased the overall AMA by 137%
- Big Bang Theory was the top consolidated program with playback adding 62% to the live figures
- NCIS, in its 13th season, drew in the largest live audience for their season premiere
- Long-time series such as Grey's, Castle, NCIS, Big Bang Theory and Amazing Race pulled in the greatest live audiences for this Fall's season premieres
- Looking just at new series, Quantico pulled in the largest live audience followed by Limitless and Blindspot
- Quantico also pulled in the largest playback audience out of new and returning series
- New series' premieres had the largest growth from live to consolidated compared to returning shows
- NCIS jumped to top consolidated whereas it was Number 2 after week 1.
- Marvel Agents of Shield which launched in week 2 and has taken top playback viewing from Quantico – and top growth % too. Playback added 139% to the live numbers.
- CTV Evening News enters the top 10 live shows
- Big Bang Theory back on top for consolidated
- The Flash comes in at #4 for playback viewing
- Vampire Diaries live viewing more than triples when playback is added
For the full report, please visit our Support Centre. If you do not have an NLogic ID, you will have to register for one before you will gain access and then click on InfoSys+TV and scroll to the bottom of the page for the report.
*premieres on national Canadian conventional
Other posts you may be interested in: