The Academy Awards is the most watched award show of
the year so far, outperforming the Golden Globes by 40% and the Grammy Awards by
50% based on AMA. However, both the Golden Globes and the Grammy Awards
were more consistent with year-over-year trends, the Academy Awards dropped by
16% on AMA and by 9% on reach compared to last year.
- The Academy Awards is the most watched award show of the year, outperforming The Grammy Awards by 50% and the Golden Globe Awards by 40% based on AMA.
- Over 12.7 million Canadians tuned into some portion of the Academy Awards, down 9% versus last year. Playback might increase reach similar to the Golden Globe and Grammy Awards which increased by 6% this year through playback.
- Reach has increased by 6% through playback for both the Golden Globe and Grammy Awards this year.
- The Academy Awards audience peaked with 6.1 million viewers at 8:58pm EST.
- At 222 minutes the Academy Awards is the longest award show broadcast of the year.
- The average viewer watched 41% of the Academy Awards.
- 22% of Canadian that tuned into the Academy Awards watched 75% or more of the broadcast.
- The Academy Awards, Grammy Awards and Golden Globe Awards reached over 16.2 million Canadians through their English broadcasts.
- Viewers to the big three award shows are 57% female and 43% male.
For our full report please contact Jordan Rothel firstname.lastname@example.org (InfoSys+TV subscription is required)
Can anyone answer why audience numbers dropped for the Oscar's this year? No, but if we all answered a few of these questions, maybe we'd have a clearer picture about what influenced it.
* Image: NYTimes.Com